Monday, November 13, 2006

My first two Missions: Complete

So last night I decided to go check out the "changing of the guards" that a fellow tourist raved about at breakfast. It was less than I was expecting and so much more all at the same time.

A cheesy little village called 'King's Village' I felt like I had walked into a portal and landed in Disneyland. Cheesy clock tower and cartoonish shops, the changing of the guard happens each day at 6:15pm to all the chinese tourists delight. The amount of flashing from cameras there was enough to light up a city.

At the end of a very comical display of prancing around the village, where toursts follow along like puppy dogs, they give tourists the opportunity to have a picture taken with the guards. Which I did, even holding the riffle, which made me a little uncomfortable but I overcame this with the joy of knowing my first challenge was complete. However, my little cheap camera's battery DIED at that very moment so I have no photographic evidence of my achievement.

Trina you will just have to work on the honour system, since I get full humiliation points here for running around after them for 15 minutes just to get this picture.

No comments: