Monday, November 13, 2006

Arriving safe and sound, though a little messy

Well I arrived safely, though definately not gracefully in Honolulu. The adventure began when I pranced on in to the International check in at Vancouver Airport and couldn't find my flight on any board, and the NorthWest check in counter was completely shut down.

I'VE BEEN SCAMMED I'VE BEEN SCAMMED! DAMN INTERNET PURCHASES!!!

However, staying calm and collected on the outside, I tracked down a visitor information rep. who, as confused as I was, walked me through the counters. Finally he realized that it was run by Alaskian Airlines, whose counter was open (though not showing my flight) and everything went smoothly after that.

The plane ride down to Seattle was bumpy and I didn't drink my RED wine fast enough, and ended up spending the rest of the flight smelling like a boozer. But at least I wasn't alone. The 5 month old who's blanked I soaked when the wine JUMPED out of my glass in turbulance smelled like a boozer too. Starting so young. What a tragedy. Actually the true tragedy of it....all that beatuful Merlot gone to waiste.

No comments: