Friday, November 17, 2006

Eek! Only two days left here in Paradise

Yesterday was amazing. I rented a car, and headed up to the North Shore with my new friend and guide Demetri. We saw some amazing landscapes and managed to dip our toes into three sides of the island in one day.

The best part of the day was spent at Sunset Beach. I couldn't stop laughing and the strong current bashed me around the shoreline dragging me out into the wave and bringing me back to shore over and over (did however get a little sand down the bikini). The waves were spectacular and almost made me want to jump on a surf board again.

Today I am braving the city bus across the island to go kayaking and visit the Seabird Sanctuary. I love the name for their bus. It is simply 'The Bus'. How poetically simple compared to Vancouver's system. Their web timetable does however leave much to be desired.

Bonnie and Sandra (the other part of the "we" in my blog) went home today but I still have a dining friend as I will meet up with Dennis, our California friend here on business, tonight.

Okay, have to go figure out where to catch my bus! See you all soon. Sorry to hear about the torrential rain! That really sucks....but not as much as Mitchell's Chicken Pox.

Thinking of you all!

No comments: